The November 7, 2023 Election will ask us to support our public school system by voting YES for the Monroe County Community School Corporation initiative to benefit students, families, and community.
This operations referendum will finance unfunded needs.
- Affordable early childhood education: Free Pre-K for 3-year-olds whose families meet free/reduced lunch guidelines and free or reduced-cost 4-year-old Pre-K. Quality early childhood education improves school readiness and paves the way for long-term achievement.
- Student school supplies: On average MCCSC parents spend about $100-150 per student for elementary back-to-school supplies. A successful referendum will save families time and money.
- Career & technical education prepares students to enter the workforce through academic and hands-on training. By covering CTE costs, MCCSC improves student opportunities and helps employers by training students for available jobs
- Advanced Placement (AP) exams on average cost $98 per exam and in some cases saves students several thousand dollars in college costs. A successful referendum means that all students will have access to these important AP classes and exams.
- Student technology and instructional materials: A successful referendum means that all students, regardless of financial resources, have current technology & materials for highest quality learning opportunities.
What can you Do?
For an annual investment of about $50 per household, this referendum initiative produces large dividends – worth up to several thousand dollars a year for some families.
Help us get the word out! We need volunteers who can assist in registering voters, and in educating out community about the referendum.
Support our efforts. Our team is committed to informing our community. Your support can help fund resources. Pamphlets and fliers that communicate the importance of the referendum and of voting.
Why Vote Yes?
Because a successful referendum helps ensure that all students and families have access to the highest quality educational experience. Looking for a high return on investment? This is it. Check out the school corporation’s Family Savings Calculator for estimates of the referendum’s remarkable benefit to family finances. All for an annual investment of $50 per household.